I’m back (again!)

Yes, that's right. I'm back again after quite a silence, but like usual – I won't be long. Just felt like writing out something today, that's all.

I was in Universiti Malaya (UM) since last week. Me and Hubby was assigned and based to be there for some time while giving training to our new reactor colleague, Divya. And of course, to solve some shitty problems left for us to clean up there. That's the usual style The Boss always has in hand for both us – we're "shit-scooper". People (including herself, also) create problems, and we're the ones who are always cornered to solve them - another reason why I often lose my cool nowadays. To be honest, we prefer to be in UM rather than at Damansara office. I guessed it's plainly because we feel peaceful working by ourselves, solving problems without interference from irrelevant parties, not being pushed around like slaves. And of course - freedom. The work in UM is actually more tiring than in the office but I guessed when you're heart is in peace with your work – nothing would make you feel down.

But today, The Boss left us a message asking us to come back to the office because Divya is on medical leave. Uh oh. New gossip in office – my so-called Head of Department (yes, the bossy one) had put down her resignation letter. I was only briefed with the headlines. More details will come up later.

Ok, back to the work story. So, we knew Divya would take a medical leave today as she was already unfit yesterday. She suddenly turned pale and was really looking not very good. We advised her to take a medical attention and take the half day off work as we were worried should there be anything worse happens. She informed her HR Manager, and off she went. In the evening, The Boss came into the reactor lab and noticed that Divya wasn't around, so she asked. We told her what happened and that Divya was given permission by the HR Manager to take the half day off. The Boss, being the ^*&^*^ she already is, tried to tell us that Divya hasn't done her job properly. For example, we came to UM just to give her training, and she has to get the reactors operating in good condition for the training. The thing is, the girl just started working like 3 weeks ago, and she doesn't have much idea how things are being done in that place – what to buy, what are the problems, how to solve them and the list goes on. We didn't even blame her for any of these things as we are fully understand that she's still in learning mode. It's normal, no? So The Boss keeps on telling us that the poor girl didn't do her work and continues on - telling us that Divya took a medical leave because she's simply de-motivated and not interested to work. We put on a deaf ear, but we just can't believe that The Boss would go to the extent of trying to turn a healthy relationship between colleagues into an unnecessary fight. Like what the locals put this situation as in "suka melaga-lagakan orang". I bet she did the same thing when we first started – no wonder the seniors hated us. And mind you, it wasn't the first time.

Anyway, enough of work gossips. Let's focus to what has been happening in my life lately. Last Friday, our ex-reactor colleague (Fiza), invited us for dinner – on her. She treated us dinner at Spaghetti Grill in MidValley. If I was not mistaken, Spaghetti Grill is quite a new place – just opened some time earlier this year. The food was fabulous and worth the price paid. The drinks were great especially the juices. I took lemonade and they serve juices and soft drinks in beer mug size. And both are bottomless – free-flow baby! These were our dinner:

Appetizer: Chicken stuffed mushrooms with cheese. Cheese was very nice and the mushrooms were really big!

Fiza and Hubby took some chocolate whipped cream drink (forgot the name of the drink) and a Chicken Spaghetti served with a big piece of chicken chop topped with mozzarella cheese, spaghetti of course and some broccoli and snow peas. Hubby has a big appetite but yet, he couldn't finish his meal. So you could imagine how much the portion was.

I, being an avid lover of al-Freddo pasta (or some called it Carbonara), took the pasta as my dinner. It was served with slices of roasted boneless chicken and thick gravy. So far, that's the best pasta I've ever tasted in KL at a very fair price. Bottomless beer-mug sized lemonade was my wash down.

Towards the end of the dinner, all of us practically forced ourselves to finish up our meals. And we could walk around much after that. We basically turned into full-tummy pythons.

On Sunday evening, Hubby and I went to my uncle's place in Taman Setiawangsa to have dinner with my grandparents. We were very nervous before the evening as this was the first time Hubby meets my grandparents, who are like the CEOs of the big family, and it's also my first time to bring my other half to meet my grandparents. Actually, they requested for Hubby to meet them. We were supposed to bring them out for dinner at an Indian cuisine shop, but plan was changed. Instead, we had to have dinner at my uncle's apartment – which made us more nervous. My uncle is a very sarcastic and sort of cocky person, forever with a serious face on. A person you wouldn't want to bump into.

Everything went well that evening – better than what we expected. My grandfather talked with Hubby and keeps on asking about me from Hubby. He asked more about me that asking on Hubby about himself. That's what Hubby told me after we took off. In a nutshell, everything breezed just nice. No arguments, no sarcasm, no heart-wrenching words exchanged. Nothing bad happened. Thank God! *phew*

Oh, I'm going to have to stop now. Someone is updating me with some gossips that happened in the office while we were away in UM. Don't worry – I will be back again. Warm regards from me J


 


 

2 little words:

Jiaren said...

what are you? the Msian gossip girl?

mInImOy said...

kinda~ i'm bored of my present work.