tiny weeny rants.

Note : This post will have series of irrelevant stories and encounters with each paragraph moving by. Just bear with it, I'm dead bored at work now.

Every morning when I step into the car for work, first thing I always do is to switch the radio on. and tune into Fly FM. I love the Pagi Show with Ben, Nadia and Phat Fabes. Every morning, they will have something interesting to chat or rant on, and they never fail to crack jokes. silly jokes. It's nice to have some silly laughs in the morning before going to work. It blossoms you up and get the mood in ready for the day ahead.

Anyway, this morning's chat was about Nadia and a girl working at a toll-booth. She was on her way to work, and she stopped at a toll plaza and the girl who was on shift that morning (it's 4am in the morning. usually they would assign guys for the shift but not sure why a girl was on the wee morning shift). So, while Nadia was waiting for her change from the girl, she complimented the girl about her physical features - how beautiful she was and Nadia told the girl that she could try to get herself in audition for an air-stewardess. *giggles* To make matters worse, Nadia even complimented on the girl's blouse - that the blouse accentuated her looks.

The girl gave Nadia her change, lifted up the gate for her and said goodbye.

And this was the question which turned into a discussion this morning - Did Nadia do the right thing or was she being creepy?

In my personal view, I think it wasn't wrong for Nadia to compliment that girl. I guessed Malaysians aren't exposed enough to these kind of matter. It's just a compliment. And please don't tell me that a person can't differentiate whether another person is flirting with him/her or just being sincere by complimenting. Oh wait, "aren't exposed enough" isn't the right sentence to be used. Let me rephrase - Malaysians are still narrow-minded. It's kind of sad to see and realize in what state Malaysians are in now. The world has modernized, and I think we should make an effort to modernize ourselves too. And yes it's true that in foreign countries, the people are more welcoming than our people here. They are full of warmth and hospitality compared to our people. and yet, Malaysians are so proud with their "hospitality" slogan. I've heard such slogans around in this country, but too bad couldn't recall any of them. Malaysian Hospitality, wtf?

anyway, moving on..

My mum was ILLEGALLY terminated from her post as a Safety Officer a month ago. And till now, she hasn't got into any interview yet. And yes, she's getting more desperate for job each passing day. Well, some people need to work for food right? so, if any of you seen any job vacancies for Safety Officer, preferably in Marine Industries, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Next!

I'm munching on bread with Nuttela's Choco-Banana Spread on it, for lunch. Kind of sad, I know but I prefer to munch on bread and crackers rather than not having any savings in my account. Yes, I'm doing this for future purposes. But then, Nuttela's Spread is yummy enough for me. Plus, I need to lose some weight and shed off these ugly fat off my tummy.

Moving on..

Patt invited me to play Restaurant City on Facebook, another adorable application by Playfish. And as like others, I got glued to it already. Anyone wants to have a feeling of running a virtual resturant, please leave me a comment and I'll send over an invitation.

*blur*

I think my maturity have caught up with me despite of my age. Do you believe it if I tell you that I no longer enjoy the company of my peers, but prefer and feel comfortably hanging out with old folks with the youngest amongst them is about 40 years old? Well, it's true. I found bliss and feel the comfort and warmth when I hang out with these old chaps. They tell you their stories, experiences and whatever advice they give you, you can count on their piece of mind - just cause they've been there, felt it, done that. I no longer find fun and enjoyment doing the things that pre-adults do. I mean, young people. Like hanging out at Nando's or McD's. Wasting a whole stash of money there just talking craps. Or clubbing. I admit I miss clubbing life, but I just take a quick look in the past and I'm over it. And what's in the list of entertainment for me now? Here's some:

1. Dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Or maybe in the Italian restaurant in OUG.
2. Often, dinner in Desa Petaling. and yes, dinner includes Chris - our 55 year old chap.
3. Before bed, read a chapter or two of a novel, or maybe playing with the kittens.
4. Weekends are spent buying necessities for the house, mainly for the kitchen.

And those are all of it, actually.

Anyway, my fingers are turning blue now due to the over-blasting aircond in this room, so I think I'll just stop for now. Plus, Hubby is scolding me for eating and blogging at the same time - dropping bread crumbs all over the working cubicle. Euw, I know.

Later!

3 little words:

Anonymous said...

wuhuu.sudah tua ka?
mari mari makan kat pak ali,baru rasa pre-adult betul..
:P

mInImOy said...

yeah.

sudah tua ~ huhu. siap ade rambut putih lagi ni.

everyday counting white hair on my head.

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

yeah. some people just don't find it detoxifying giving compliments to others regardless of genders, ages, or anything.

as for me, telling people how good they are is not only helping them to boost their self-esteem or maybe making themselves feeling better, but also making me feel better about myself.

we should just say it if we like it, sincerily. :)