An Idiot who missed the signs.

i felt like blogging but i didn't know what to blog.

until i read what Nono wrote in my Shoutbox. she's yearning for more "Hindi movies" about me and Hubby. so i thought, ok. why not?

as in my previous post, Hubby had laid his eyes on me since about 3 years ago. he first saw me early 2005, that was when i was still in Foundation of Engineering and he's joining the 1st year students. he was about to attend Health, Safety and Environment lecture when he heard some giggles. he's not the type of a guy who would go for any girls that he feels he wants to, Hubby is more to one-woman type of a lad. he choose, he commits. that's him. one of the reasons why i love him.

so, back to the story.

he's a normal guy but he chooses certain girls to be around him. ah-ha! he's not afraid, or shy of girls. in fact, he was very well-known among his Penang old friends for his player attitude when he was younger. since he's an eternal lover, his heart dimmed when he lost his first love. yeah, im the second. so, you can imagine how hard it is for him to fall in love, or even to like a girl.

when he heard my giggles that very afternoon, he wasn't irritated or annoyed as he would usually feels. his eyes were busy searching for whose giggles that might be, and they turned to me. basically, it was my giggles that got him attracted. not only that time. Hubby's still attracted to my laughter, my giggles and smiles.

now, to the main question where friends always ask : why did he took 3 years to get you?

here's the explanation:

#1. he was shy. though he looks tough, stern and bla bla bla - but he is shy. especially towards me at that time. but he still admires me from far. and secretly too.

#2. cause i belonged to one of his good friends at that particular moment. being a good friend, he decided to keep quiet and let his friend to be with me instead. but like people always say - best man wins. after i took the pledge to be with Hubby, i became a better person.

#3. cause i freaking missed the signs he gave me! which leads to the main topic of my post. yeah, the above were only prologue.

i stupidly missed a lot of signs that he gave me. seriously, how dumb could i be that time? imagine, it took him 3 years to give signs to me when he finally gave up and just popped the question instead.

Hubby cared for me more than The Bloody Ex.
when i fell sick, Hubby would always be there while The Bloody Ex would rather enjoy himself with his friends.
when im hungry, be it 5am in the morning - Hubby would always bring me out to eat or at least, buy for me something to eat.
when i cried because of The Bloody Ex, Hubby would always lend me his shoulders for me to cry on. but that's just literally. i never hugged him until i became his.
when im frustrated with The Bloody Ex, Hubby would always tell me : "that bastard will never find a girl like. whoever gets you as his wife, that man will be one of the luckiest man in the world. why worry? im very sure there are others who would love to have you in their lives." ain't that sweet?

the biggest sign i missed was this:

when i felt heart-broken, Hubby would say : "Look around. who knows, there might be someone who really wants you to be not only a girlfriend, but a partner for his entire life" - while circulating his fingers around, in front of my face and stop in front of his face. im so well-known for being blur, so i didn't understand at all what he's trying to show *giggles*

without me noticing, i love him too since the start. just that i was so blur, freaking idiot who didn't even know what her heart desired. or worst, who was in her heart all the time.

i am happier when i hang out with Hubby compared to when i go for a date with The Bloody Ex.
when Hubby was down, i can assure you that my heels weren't touching the ground when i ran to lend my ears to his problems.
when Hubby was sick, i acted like an old auntie who would nag him to go to the clinic and get a rest.
and lots of other things that best friends do for each other.

at least, that's what i thought. i thought, those things above that i did for him was the normal things best friends would do for each other. but i was so wrong when friends around us told us that we have great chemistry to each other. and i was totally wrong, when i suddenly realized that my heart only belongs to him - blinded by great friendship we had, on the night when he proposed me to be the love of his life.

and slowly, after that memorable night - i realized how near our hearts were to each other.

one of his best advice to me as a friend that time was : "the person who would love you till the end of his life is just under your nose. you might not realize it.."

it's totally true. Hubby was just under my nose all these while; and i thank him for making me realize his significant presence in my life - as the best friend. as the love of my life.

Love you Hubby. come let's go back before it rains!

0 little words: